Wednesday, May 23, 2012
Author Spotlight- Eric T. Benoit- Fantasy Author
Eric T. Benoit, learn the name, memorize it. This fantasy author is currently working on the first book to a series and he means serious buissness! His WIP is called Flames of Khyveria :The Khyverian Chronicles and it will be the first to a five book series. Way to go Eric! (He out did me by one:0)
About the book in Eric's words:
Khyveria is a world that has known peace, for the most part, for the last 3000 years. Sure, there have been some wars and border skirmishes, but they are generally minor affairs compared to the wars of the past. No one has wanted to take the chance that they could be the cause of mass devastation such as happened 3000 years ago.
There is a prophecy, however, one that says that the peace cannot and will not last. It speaks of a great evil rising in the world and of tiny band of adventurers who must work together despite their differences to defeat it. The ancient warlocks who started the last of the great wars couldn't even imagine the power of the evil that is now rising in Khyveria for it is something that has not been seen or heard in nearly 100 thousand years. Our would be heroes all begin their quest to save the world in different ways and for different reasons but they soon learn that without each other none of them will succeed. -Sounds interesting!!
This gentleman kindly answered a few questions for me and here is a little pick from his brain:
1. Where do you call home?Massachusetts and Las Vegas, NV depending on my mood.
2. What is the title of your most recent book?Flames of Khyveria: The Khyverian Chronicles (WIP)
3. What's your Genre?Fantasy
4. Plans for a next book? Is this part of a Series?This is book 1 in a series planned for 5. - Again Awesome!
5. Are you a self published author (Indie) ?I am self Pulishing, yes.
6. Who's your favorite author?Me lol.Seriously though, there are too many to pick just 1 or 2.
7. Your favorite book?See question 6.
8. What book are you currently reading?Hero Chronicles
9. A book you would recommend?Foundation by Assimov, It's been 20 years since I last read it and lately I've had an urge to read it again.
10. How do you pick your books?Usually based on the blurb and/or the first few pages.
11. Advice for other authors?Don't write for others or worse, to make money. It's ok to make money of course, but if that is the only reason you write, your work won't have the same quality as it would if you were writing for the love of doing it.
12. Do you write under a pen name?No, I think my pens name is Bic...
13. Where do you write?Usually on the laptop while sitting on my bed in the afternoon with the TV going in the background.
14. What do you wear when you write?Jeans and a T-shirt usually.
15. Do you have a pet (s)?Yes, I have 6 kitties. Punkin, Apache, Spice, Thidders, Rascal and Gizmo. -That is way too cute!
16. Favorite food?Lasagna.
17. If you were deserted on an island, who are 3 famous people you would want with you?Any 3 playboy bunnies would do nicely. ;) No no, Dali Lama would be one, the other 2 I'm not quite sure about.
18. Of your characters, which one would you say is most like you and why?Bethriel, she is the character that popped into my head more than 20 years ago and got the whole story rolling, we've had a lot of time to grow close.
19. What made you want to be a writer?It seemed the next logical step after the initial Bethriel incident (ie her first coming into my head). I knew then that I would someday put her story on paper and that time is finally here.
20. Any weird talent?
Does the ability to speak English count? I'd say that's pretty weird these days...Hmm...no nothing I can think of though.
21. A favorite quote?"Outside of a dog a book is man's best friend, inside of a dog it's too dark to read." Groucho Marx
22. What is the one thing you never go without?Internet access.
23. Your biggest influence?Hmmm...3 way tie: J.R.R. Tolkien, Anne McCaffrey and David Eddings.
24. Favorite TV show?Game of Thrones
25. A great blog you would like to recommend for others to discover?http://writingishardwork.blogspot.com/
Thank you kindly Eric for participating in my Author Spotlight and I've enjoyed getting to know you! Readers make sure you follow Eric's site, his book is due to be released this year, you'll wanna be the first to know!
Thanks for dropping by and do leave comments!
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Thank you so much for your kind words. It's people like you that keep me going sometimes! :)ReplyDelete
You keep writing Eric and thank you for allowing me to spotlight you! Happy Writing!Delete
Great interview, Eric and A.D.!ReplyDelete