Monday, June 18, 2012

Author Spotlight- Author Neesha Hosein of I of the Storm

The lovely author Neesha Hosein has allowed me to spotlight her on my humble little blog in this vast webverse and I just enjoyed getting to know about her! Don't forget to click her links below to connect with Neesha on Twitter & Facebook, also check out her book and blog!
Isn't she lovely!!!



1. Where do you call home?
Houston, TX
2. What is the title of your most recent book?
I of the Storm
Book Blurb:
Being struck by lightning as a child sets Kira on a path to realization. Her life becomes a riveting series of events, and her guiding light is the supernatural. Her adventurous visions lead her through some spine-tingling discoveries about her husband, the man whose rigorous rules she obediently follows in a life filled with both tribulation and triumph.

3. What's your Genre?
Adult/fiction, suspense, thriller, with a dash of supernatural and a healthy dose of mystery and crime all in one.

4. Plans for a next book? Is this part of a Series?
At first, I wasnt sure, but when I saw an amazing photo on National Geographics Facebook page, it inspired me to go for book two! It was perfect for the next book cover. And better yet, I too a wild chance and emailed the photographer about using the photo and asked the cost, and he gave me permission at no charge. So that makes me believe book two is meant to be. Its in the works.
5. Are you a self-published author (Indie) ?
Yes, and proudly so. Even my book cover is a photo I took from an airplane. Im a huge fan of do-it-yourself projects, major to minor. And I made my own book trailer, too. Here it is on Youtube 

6. Who's your favorite author?
I try not to have a favorite because there are just way too many great ones out there. I enjoy the works of Stephen King, J.K. Rowling, Michael Connelly, Judy Blume, Charlotte Bronte, Khaled Hosseini and lots more.
7. Your favorite book?
Again, I feel bad to just pick one. I love The Kite Runner, A Secret Life of Bees, all seven Harry Potter books (which I read twice), A Thousand Splendid Suns, The Outsiders, A Time to Kill, To Kill a Mockingbird, Chasing the Dime, Jane Eyre, and countless more.

8. What book are you currently reading?
Next in line is the second book in The Hunger Games trilogy, Catching Fire. And I always try to read at least two indie books per month. I just finished Fairy Metal Thunder, by J.L. Bryan, which was very good.

9. A book you would recommend?
The Hunger Games
10. How do you pick your books?
All I need to know is the title, genre and a very, very brief synopsis, like one sentence. Like Its a book about a zombie apocalypse and has a mediocre romance. I like to find out the rest myself.
11. Advice for other authors?
Promote, promote, promote. Even when it seems futile, keep on going. Never stop trying and never ever stop writing.

12. Do you write under a pen name?
Nope, Im always Neesha Hosein.
13. Where do you write?
On my bed, surrounded by soft snuggly pillows, a/c on 68F and under my pink fuzzy blanket. Ambiance is everything to me. Although! If a bright idea hits me, I pull out my trusty brain book (if I dont have my laptop) and purple pen and start scribbling until Ive purged all ideas that wanted to be written.

14. What do you wear when you write?
Preferably, PJs.  Im a journalist, professional writer/editor by day, so at my job, its not possible to get THAT comfy when I write.
15. Do you have a pet (s)?
No, but I did keep my Pound Puppy stuffed toy I got for my 11th birthday. Hes the perfect pet for me. Quiet, loves to cuddle, doesnt require food and doesnt poop.
16. Favorite food?
Margherita pizza or chicken fajitas. I could eat either of those every day.

17. If you were deserted on an island, who are 3 famous people you would want with you?
Maxwell so he could sing to me. Bill Hader of SNL to make me laugh. And J.K. Rowling so we could talk about Harry Potter all day.
18. Of your characters, which one would you say is most like you and why?
The main character, protagonist  Kira. She was born of me, my life experiences and things Ive seen and heard, many of which are embellished in the book to create the graphic scenes.

19. What made you want to be a writer?
My mom taught me how to read before age 5, so my love for words grew from then into a lifelong passion. It wasnt enough just to read. I had stories brewing in my mind, and writing felt like second nature. I wrote my first short story at age 11.
20. Any weird talent?
People always seem amazed when they find out Im ambidextrous. I can write with both hands, and I have three different handwritings (2 on the right, 1 on the left). And I can do most things with both hands, like put on make-up, brush my teeth, shoot a basketball, etc. - that is too awesome!

21. A favorite quote?
I intend to live forever or die trying. (Groucho Marx)
22. What is the one thing you never go without?
Chocolate.
23. Your biggest influence?
Motherhood. I had my oldest at 18, so he taught me responsibility, patience and how to be selfless. My youngest has autism, which has been one of my lifes greatest challenges. I have a blog series called Autism vs. Neesha where I discuss all the terrifying, funny, quirky and sometimes sad things I go through with my kiddo. (www.Novellarella.blogspot.com )

24. Favorite TV show?
Impossible to pick only one. Im hooked on Law & Order: SVU, Saturday Night Live, and The Golden Girls from the 80s. Give it a chance. Its HILARIOUS!
25. A great blog you would like to recommend for others to discover?
Aside from mine? *wink* I really enjoy reading - http://15minutelunch.blogspot.com/ It is so fun


Neesha's website
'Like' Neesha on Facebook
Follow her blog
Follow Neesha on Twitter

Thanks for dropping by and thanks again Neesha!


P.S.
Click the Giveaway link above to check out my latest and upcoming giveaways!

2 comments:

  1. She sounds like a charming person and her book sounds interesting! I'll TBR it! The ambidextrous thing is kinda cool! Thanks for the great interview!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I was ambidextrous! Thanks for the drop by Liesel!

    ReplyDelete