Monday, June 11, 2012

Author Spotlight- M. C. V. Egan- Historical Fiction Author of The Bridge of Deaths


I would like to introduce to you author M.C. V. Egan- Historical Fiction writer! She's a great gal and an impressive fellow Indie Author. I cannot thank M.C.V. enough for allowing me to spotlight her on my blog and enjoy reading her answers and learning more about her debut book The Bridge of Deaths.

Blurb:
On August 15th 1939, at the brink of World War II, an English plane crashed and sunk in Danish waters. Five deaths were reported: two Standard Oil of New Jersey employees, a German Corporate Lawyer, an English member of Parliament, and a crew member for the airline. Here is a conceivable version of the events.

1. Where do you call home? I have been living in South Florida for the past 20+ years. I have lived in Mexico, France, Sweden and various parts of the US.  I like to think of myself as capable of calling many places home!
 2. What is the title of your most recent book? THE BRIDGE OF DEATHS is my debut novel.
 3. What's your Genre? I write using Historical research and I use psychics, Astrology and other ‘occult’ paranormal tools, I love an edge of mystery and always a touch of romance. The book I am working on now has blood and violence which makes me cringe…but it belongs there.
 I would like to write in a wide variety of genres but avoid horror and cannot imagine that I would be too successful at fantasy.

 4. Plans for a next book? Is this part of a Series? There will eventually be a BOOK II for The Bridge of Deaths, but the book I am working on now 4covert2overt In 33 Days is a very different and unrelated book to TBOD.
 5. Are you a self-published author (Indie)? Yes, I published through Authorhouse and had a lot of hand holding and guidance. I know some Indie authors feel this is not as self-published as just going for it on CreateSpace or other more independent venues, but you are on your own and on your toes.
 6. Who's your favorite author? I have so many. If I must pick just one I will go with W Sommerset Maugham.
 7. Your favorite book? I cannot imagine choosing here as there are really Many, if I had to have 1 book and 1 book only the complete works of….the thickest complete works of one of so many amazing writers we have had or have.

 8. What book are you currently reading? HIT LIT; Cracking The Code of The Twentieth Century’s Biggest Bestsellers by James W. Hall
 9. A book you would recommend? HIT LIT, especially for all writers. James W. Hall has an amazing résumé; author of 17 novels, four books of poetry and much more. He also teaches English Lit and this book dissects what makes a best seller a best seller. I recently attended a short workshop based on the book.
 Using the elements described in this book why not tweak my next work to be a biggest best seller?
 10. How do you pick your books? Frankly sometimes books pick me! I kid you not; books have been known to find their way to me. If I find an author that I enjoy I do make it a point to read EVERYTHING by them. I also am afraid that at an airport on a rush…well I have been known to pick a book by its cover.

 11. Advice for other authors? Persevere, re-write, edit your work, BREATHE, enjoy what you are writing and remember that no-one has your perspective in ANY story.
 12. Do you write under a pen name? M.C.V. Egan do initials count as a pen name?
 13. Where do you write? I usually write at home in my very own cozy writing room.
 14. What do you wear when you write? Comfy clothes? Which is all I wear anyway and a towel close by for sweat dripping hot flashes!
 15. Do you have a pet (s)? A five pound Chihuahua who is convinced he is my second son. -Awww!

 16. Favorite food? This too me is just like books, and authors sheer torture to choose just one! I really enjoy cooking and I use very fresh ingredients, what I eat the most is a wide fun variety of salads I am also very, very fond of desserts.
 17. If you were deserted on an island, who are 3 famous people you would want with you? Tom Hanks; he can teach us a thing or two after cast-away and he seems like a very interesting person. I would also have Meryl Streep and Warren Buffet there, Meryl is fascinating and entertaining and Mr. Buffet would be rescued very fast and we would probably get a fabulous rescue meal from such a wealthy man.-- I like it! 18. Of your characters, which one would you say is most like you and why? In TBOD I am most similar to Bill. I have discovered many things because I have had to, not because I have wanted to. Also as much as the Universe shows me over and over again certain incredible things I do remain skeptical and incredulous.

 19. What made you want to be a writer?
 In Astrology the answer would be an absolute need to communicate due to a Gemini moon.  In reality it is an amazing need to create and communicate.
 20. Any weird talent? I can make some odd noises not replicated by others.
 21. A favorite quote? Today it is one from Mr. H. D. Thoreau
 “Wealth is the ability to fully experience life” tomorrow I might have another favorite quote.

 22. What is the one thing you never go without? A writing impellent.
 23. Your biggest influence? Society.
 24. Favorite TV show? Harry’s Law
 25. A great blog you would like to recommend for others to discover? Through a press release Beckah Boyd requested TBOD and wrote a very interesting (from the perspective of a known psychic medium) review last September. She posted the review on The Truthful Tarot and I visit from time to time and I like that she is diverse.
http://beckahboydtarot.blogspot.com/


Connect with M.C.V. on Twitter
Author Central Page


Thanks again M.C. V. and thanks everyone for dropping by!



P.S. Don't forget to check out my latest giveaway in the Debut Author Blog hop!


7 comments:

  1. Great interview! She sounds like a fun person. Her book sounds great too! I especially like the title!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liesel....I wanted The Bridge of Secrets but in reality that bridge has been so surrounded by Death since 1939....

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the comment Liesel and I agree, I really liked the choice of title:0)

      Delete
  2. Great interview, nice lady, fantastic author. Loved her book, and you will too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by and your comment, words from a fan and we are taking them seriously! Thank you!

      Delete
  3. Hi Ms.Egan, I'll keep assorted Salads & desserts ready for you -- all Indian style!! :) Drop by anytime :)

    Great Interview! I thought I knew a lot about Ms.Egan - but after reading through this interview, I know a little bit more about her! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for dropping by Debdatta! :)

    ReplyDelete