Solid advice...what do you think?
Five things to stop doing if you wanna finish writing that book...
1. Nix the excuses."We get it, life is busy and writing is hard work sometimes. Still, excuses never changed anything, never inspired anybody, and never made any dreams a reality. Goals like writing a novel don’t die on their own. We suffocate them with our excuses."
2. Stop trying.Y"our novel needs less “trying” and more “doing” from you. Like Yoda said, Do or do not. There is no try."
3. Stop the Inner Critic’s crazy rants."Shut it down. Duct tape its mouth. Stand on its neck. Whatever you do, don’t let the Inner Critic make you doubt yourself. There’s no reason to. This is open range and there are no rules, no right and wrong. You can do Whatever. You. Want."
4. Don’t overdose on caffeine."Seriously. I’m sorry, but it has to be said. Call it tough love if you want, but more writers go stark raving mad in espresso-fueled rages than any other artists (with the exception of polka musicians, for obvious reasons).
Trust me on this. You don’t want your neighbors finding you crawling through their pet door at 3am in search of more coffee because you ran out at your house two hours earlier. Not that that’s happened to me. I’ve just heard stories."
5. Stop thinking it should be easier."That’s like hoping gravity will get less gravity … er … ish. Less gravity like. OK, poor choice of words. You know what I mean. Bottom line: writing is what it is. Sometimes it’s easier than at other times. Expect it to be work and you’ll be thrilled when it doesn’t feel that way."
Article by:Kevin Kaiser via writersdigest.com Click here to see his article.
Check out Writer's Digest and read other great articles there. It's NaNoWriMo time...click the link to read some great articles about NaNoWriMo...
Post a Comment